Thursday, July 19, 2012

So apparently I have died and left millions to "my business associate"

I was cleaning out my junk mail box when I stumbled upon an email wishing to urgently confirm from me if I know a John Campbell who claims to be my business partner and associate.. He wishes that I would reconfirm an application submitted to the Office of the Minister of Finance that I died and upon that death I wished that Mr. Campbell would become my beneficiary..


HAHA newest Prince of Nigeria scam has been born. I will say that being in the IT industry I find these down right hysterical and read them with glee - I do however, realize that some people out there find them to be the down right truth and and that is how the crooks make money. Honestly though if you will stop and read them you can spot the scam and save yourself and/or family members a lot of pain, grief and bankruptcy filings.


Here is are two paragraphs from the letter ..


For your Information, this Government has approved the total amount of TWO MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY, in your favor, prior to the Federal Government instructions/mandate to offset all outstanding payments to the various legal


Equally he had agreed to settle and offset the funds release charges. You should note that, if we do not hear from you, we automatically assume that you are actually dead and the information passed to us by John Campbell is correct. H

No I didn't cut off a word those last two sentences, they just stop like that.  The random capitalization is tip  off - there is no reason information should be capitalized its the middle of the sentence. 

The letter goes on to tell me that I need to reply back to the email - and gives me a different address to email with some personal information to dispute my death - if I fail to do so they have no choice but to believe Mr. Campbell declare me dead and hand him the money.

HA not so fast Mr. Campbell, even though you are giving me an address for Citibank in PA your email reads like a foreign county - which has no right to declare me deceased, for another thing only my next of kin can file paperwork to declare me dead 5 years AFTER I officially go missing.  I assure you I am not dead or missing. Lastly I don't have 2 mill to declare you or anyone the beneficiary of if I did I'm really sure my husband would have issues with you collecting so go fish elsewhere!! 

I do think they way they ended the email was a nice touch ... 


We await your swift response in regard to this news we received.

Thanks. God Loves and Bless you and your family.
Yours Faithfully,
FRED BAKARE.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is st

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...