Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The day after the start of The Shred

So it wasn't so bad.. I am a bit sore today I am feeling it in my ab's and thighs mostly.  I sweat like a freaking  pig at a local BBQ and yes I cussed Jillian but I did it ... well most of it - I did push myself but I didn't over push. It makes no sense to me to get so sore that I can't work out for a few days, seems to defeat the purpose.  Besides one day soon I will make level 1 my bitch and move to level 2.

Tonight I will be hitting the treadmill I have a 5k coming up in 2 weeks.  Thankfully its a night 5k with all the heat we have had so far I think a 5k during the day would be brutal.  I am looking forward to it, it sounds like a blast.  After the 5k there is a DJ and it turns in to a street party.  I have already informed D he will be there to hang out after the walk.

There are a few different theories out there about "eating back" your calories after working out. While I can see this approach being something of benefit when you have a party or gathering coming up and you don't want to monitor everything you eat.  In general I think its a waste of all the hard work you're doing.  If you are trying to lose pounds why would you eat back your calories?  I think it will be something I save for a cheat day.

Tomorrow is July 4th... I am looking forward to spending time with family and friends.  There is a rumor of a shrimp boil in the plans! Enjoy the day and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...