Ever "unplug" or go "off the grid" totally for an extended period of time? Did you go all the way or just dial back on certain things?
I am contemplating disconnecting from a few things to regain some order, some time and maybe some sanity. I am not one of those people who will just delete Facebook and walk away - let's face it I love my Facebook - but I am thinking of banning the games on there. I don't play many - but they are starting to feel like a second job. What started as a way to relax gets insane. Things wilt if you do not water them in time, certain things are only available to collect on certain days - WTF? I have enough deadlines in 3d land now digital media wants me to have more ENOUGH!!
As far as my cell phone goes and being connected to email 24 7 - that'a a given with my job and that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is if I don't answer the phone right way for people in my personal life they leave a voice mail, then text then call again - starting the cycle over. I get it you have something to say but maybe for the moment I can't give you my full attention. I have been known to do the same thing so I get it. I am however working on getting better at it. I don't really leave voicemails though as everyone I know hates checking them so if I do get your voicemail I will hang up and text you - to call me back or what have you.
I always thought cellphones were for the owners convenience - anymore they are the owners leash. We are SO connected that its nothing to see a whole family together - all on a portable device doing their own thing and not really checking in with each other - no wonder no one really knows whats going on in their own family. I believe dinner time should be gadget free time.
I strive to get back to the family dinner reconnect. Maybe in the near future I will be able to totally disconnect for a weekend....
Popping over from the new Facebook group :) I just read the last few posts. WTG on the 5K! I really need to just pick one and make myself do it. Seems so empowering!
ReplyDeleteThank you....5k are fun.. The Glow 5k was a huge blast!
ReplyDelete