Thursday, October 31, 2013

New Challenge

Sorry this is so late today, its been a busy day so far.. Happy Halloween!!

My Father in law is still in the hospital - he had a filter inserted above the clot today. This allows the blood to flow but stops the clot in case it breaks free. Still saying prayers around here..

The sun is finally out after its rained all day yesterday and most of today.. so not a fan of drizzly, grey days. They are so depressing, I would never want to live in Seattle just for that reason.

Can I just say I can't believe tomorrow is November 1st .. SAY WHAT - already?? Don't blink Thanksgiving is almost here.. and the holiday season. Thing about that holiday season - it generally bites most of us in the ass then adds a few pounds to it!

It doesn't have to - in fact I lost weight last year during the holidays.  In an effort to do it again this year a few friends of mine and I are starting a holiday challenge. Novembers challenge will be Jillian's Ripped in 30 and clean(er) eating for the most part. Thanksgiving is a cheat day if you so desire..

My goal for this November is to lose a few and tone up while I clean up my diet. I started using My Fitness Pal again to just keep track of it all and make sure I am staying on the rails.  I did however put the scale away. When you first change up your workouts you can appear to put on weight because your muscles are holding on to water to protect them from the "damage" you are doing to them. That freaks/discourages people and the stop what they are doing with the thinking "it doesn't matter anyway I now weight MORE and look I was TRYING this time.

KEEP GOING at about the 3 week mark your muscles release the water and the change in number is rapid! It really is just a number folks - your pants tell the true story!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday