Monday, October 20, 2014

And Like that the Weekend was GONE.....

That blur that just went by, yeah it was my weekend LOL! How was yours?

I can't believe there are only 11 weeks left in this year.. It really IS true; the older you get the faster time goes. NOT FAIR!!!  I have not even begun to thing about the holiday's except for "oh shit, they are almost here".

So what did you do this weekend?

Friday night D and I grabbed a coffee and went for a drive downtown.  Right now its pretty exciting in downtown KC. EVERYTHING is lit up blue, makes for a gorgeous night drive. JC Nicols fountain is normally dyed pink in October - not this year its Royal blue. While I do love a pink fountain the blue is pretty freaking sweet.





Saturday morning I dealt with a plumbing issue at my mothers - her hot water tank did not want to light and stay lit. Thankfully an old school plumber was able to fix the switch for the pilot light. She will need a new hot water heater soon though. Apparently those really only last about 12 - 15 years, hers is 22 years old. Damn thing is a $1000.00. This is why I rent!!!

Saturday afternoon we took Lil Man for a hair cut, to lunch then the pet store. We needed a few things and the pet store is his favorite place. Between the fish and the puppies he is always a happy camper.


That evening we hung out built some mega lego's towers and watched movies.  Poor guy was worn out and fell asleep on me watching Monsters Inc. 

Sunday morning we just hung out in jammes. I made sausage gravy and biscuits for the first time in a longgggg time. Then Sunday afternoon D and ran some errands - he needed new shoes. I found a pair as well (I know shocker)! Ran to the store for dinner items and then just chilled. Had chicken salads with roasted sweet potatoes and peppers - trust me the sweet potatoes in this salad are awesome - watched last weeks Secretary of State and got ready for the week ahead.  D started a new job this morning so having everything ready for this morning was key. 

Let's go rock this week! 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...