Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Favorite Vacation, Ever - A Link Up


button

Hands down my favorite vacation ever is the one we took almost 2 years ago to Oahu Hawaii.  We rented a house with my in-laws and the whole family went D Mom and Dad, Sister and her husband their 2 kids and us. Ok so the getting there wasn't exactly a dream - its a long ass flight - but everything after that was amazing.



That is the view from the living room picture window and yes the people at the far left is my family. I took this the first day we were there, as we waited for our lost luggage to arrive. Somehow our bags got off the plane in Denver and decided to stay there.. No worries I had packed clothing in our carry on's as I was worried about lost luggage. Still best vaca ever.

We got in about 1 am and went to sleep - our windows were open and we slept to the sound of the waves hitting the beach - hands down I LOVE sleeping to the sound of the ocean. That is one of my 2 favorite sounds on earth.

The next day we hit the store to stock the kitchen at the house. The plan was to eat most meals at the house generally breakfast and dinner. We were there for 9 days there was no way we were eating out 3 meals a day for 9 days.

 Yep I'm a total geek and took pictures of the price tags at the store.  Yes that is for 1 gallon of milk and 1 loaf of bread.


 This was a display at Costco, the orchids covered the entire display



















While we were there we went to the North Shore, Germains Luau (that was awesome fun), Pearl Harbor, the Aloha Swap Meet, the International Farmers Market, Foster Botanical Gardens, Waikiki, the Queens Summer House, The Temple of Kings (by far my favorite place on the trip, it was so serene).  China Town, Sea Life Park.



D was afraid I wasn't getting back on the plane to come home - I do want to live there someday. The ocean as my back yard, falling asleep every night to the sound of the waves....

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip. I posted about a trip to Hawaii as well. We went to Maui on our honeymoon. Hawaii is so beautiful. I could live there too. :-) Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome, I would love to go back and hit the other islands.

      Delete
  2. No one can beat Hawaii... that is the ultimate dream vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swore I was going to live like a bum on the beach and not come home... then adult responsibility cam back into my brain. Plus I like things like hot food and warm showers ;-)

      Delete

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...