Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans and my 200th Post


Wow 200 posts - to me that seemed to happen quick - though if you look through my archives you would be left with the thought of "Quick WTF does she mean quick, she has posts going back years!" I didn't blog for a few years and when I did blog months would go by between posts; its just been the last 6 months or so I have blogged on any consistent basis.


Hello Monday - why do you come around so much quicker than Friday??

My weekend was fairly busy Saturday I had planned to sleep in a little bit but for some reason my eyes popped open right at 6:30, how come that does NOT happen Monday - Friday?? Weekdays I practically have to be forced to get up.

I chilled for the morning then hit the nail salon for a fill and a pedicure.  Kohl's had emailed me a 20% off coupon so after weeks of avoiding them and shopping in general I hit Kohl's after my pedi.. I had to Mother's Day shop!

I got gifts for each of our Mothers and thoughtfully helped D out by picking out my gift, I'm so helpful that way ;-) - honestly we have been pretty low key about gifts both for our Anniversary and Mothers Day this year I figured he didn't mind especially since I needed new shirts and I have to be there for that anyhow. So I picked up several tops, a pair of shorts that I just HAD to have after I tried them on and 2 pairs of earrings.

Sunday I puttered around the house for awhile, cleaned the kitchen and found the kitchen table.. Why that is such a crap catcher I don't know but on any given day you will find several magazines, a pile of mail, my purse and until yesterday the purse I carried before I switched them out. My laptop, software, a crap ton of receipts from out of my purse, my lunch bag and assorted other things - its safe to say we don't dine there.  We eat on the couch in front of the TV.

We USED to eat there and a few nights a week we would either play scrabble or cards. We need to get back to that instead of zoning out in front of the tv both of us with laptops on our laps AND our phones. As a whole society is way to involved with their gadgets and not connected enough with the 3d world around them. Unconnecting  with gadgets and connecting with people and being in the moment - being fully present will be my focus this summer.

Sunday afternoon I started cooking chicken and green chili enchiladas, which are not difficult to make just time consuming. Peep and Lil Man came over so I played with him inbetween assembling dinner. My mom came over a few hours after Peep showed up and we all just chilled watched some TV played with Lil Man and ate dinner - relaxing Mother's day (ok except the 4 hours prep and cooking time lol, but I had my grandbaby there giving me sugar and high 5's in between it all - so I am a happy Noni).

How was your weekend??








post signature

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound too bad a time :)! I feel like all I did was shop. Sat was for things at the house and Sunday, sweet peace - just for me!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...