Monday, December 23, 2013

2 days ... Are you ready??

We blinked and now Christmas is 48 hours away... Saturday I finished up my holiday shopping before the ice and snow storm hit.. Now I just have to sit and wrap it. Which will most likely be done with the fireplace going and a glass of wine.

Sunday we went up to the hospital to hang out with Dad where  he was waiting to get his permanent pacemaker implanted - which got delayed for an emergency  "heart episode" someone had the misfortune of being in the middle of. So that is supposed to happen today. It looks like he will be discharged Christmas Eve.

Sunday evening was date night with my Mama, we went to the dinner theater. One of me all time favorite actors George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) and his wife were the headliners. I had a wonderful time. I may have ate a little to much and then ordered a seriously decadent dessert ..... Though I only ate half of it - it was super rich...


Yes, that is a piece of chocolate cheesecake, covered in chocolate genache', with a cream puff on the side and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.. The other half is waiting for me in the fridge to have with my wine tonight while wrapping the last of the presents!! 

In other Sunday news my Broncos clinched the AFC West Championship for the 3rd year in a row and Payton Manning broke the record for most touchdowns in a season!! 

How was your weekend??? 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...