Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Good food - Bad Food - Set meals - Grazing... What IS the answer??


Is it any wonder everyone is confused on the "formula or Secret" to losing weight and getting fit? It seems like every day there is another study out that disproves something we were told was "the" way to to do it just a year or so ago. The latest - Milk is bad for your bones - no shit that is the latest word.

There is NO secret - its basic math calories in, calories out (expended). 3500 calories make up 1 lb its your choice if its coming or going.

I do like that Shape magazine has an article on the myths and fads of dieting.
(http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/10-unbelievable-diet-rules-backed-science#080713) I am not a breakfast eater never have been, probably never will be. I'm sure that next year something else will come out and say the opposite of this article, but for now I am glad to see that I am not "killing" my metabolism by skipping the Grape Nuts (ewww).

Honestly you have to figure out what works for you and go with it. What my "key" to it all may not be your key. I have learned I can't just eat 1200 calories a day and be productive much less nice.  I can't label foods good or bad - as soon as I do I abscess about the "bad" food list until that is ALL that I want. For me food is food, now some of it I can eat more than something else.

I've also learned the scale is NOT a good indicator of where I am at - my jeans are.. Since I am working on sculpting muscles the scale isn't helpful - the tape measure and how things fit are a better indicator of progress for me.

Yes you will have ups and downs and yes you will find that something that worked at the start of your journey doesn't in the middle. Things are always evolving, but generally you have to try something and see if it works for you - someone else go to formula just may not be yours.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday