Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Whats a G-I-R-A-F-F-E

Yep this just happened, I am sitting at my desk finishing lunch when my cell phone rings - it is my mother, who is getting up there in age, she is 71, so there is no telling what the conversation will be about when I pick up the phone.

Deep breath, "hello" - "whats a G-I-R-A-F-F-E," yes she spelled it. "Uh Mom, what? Repeat that."  She proceeds to spell giraffe again. I'm thinking great, she's lost her mind and I say "uh Mom its a giraffe - you know a long legged animal you see in Africa or at a zoo."

She comes back with "Yes, I know that - but how does it relate to drugs?" "Mom how on earth am I supposed to know that and what the hell are you up to?" Apparently she's reading a new mystery book and in one chapter there is a drug deal going on and there's a giraffe mentioned.

Her theory on how I would know, and seriously you can't make this shit up - I am an executive and work in a corporation. Say WHAT?? I did say to her, yes I am and yes I do but we don't deal with drugs, I work in computers...

I then tell her I will Google the answer for her and she goes silent and stays that way for a minute - I get the idea shes waiting for me to Google it so I inform her there's no way I am Goggling that AT WORK.

Although I totally could and probably will this afternoon!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha now I'M curious as to what a G-I-R-A-F-F-E is ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently a giraffe's liver and bone marrow have psychedelic properties. They are being slaughtered to make a LSD like drug.

      Delete

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...