Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Find what inspires you


I usually don't do week day get togethers, I don't know how it started it just did. I'm sure somewhere a long the way I decided it was just easier to not participate. With work the next day yadda yadda. Yes, I am aware of just how old and cranky that makes me sound.

So with that in mind when I was asked if I wanted to go on a Tuesday night and have a girls night out at the local painting bar I said yep sign me up.  Wine and painting what could be a better way to spend a Tuesday night. Mind you its been 16 years since I picked up a paint brush for creative reasons. However I am trying to get out of my comfort zone and come from a place of "yes".

I had a blast last night - I remember why 16 years ago I used to paint. I relaxed I had a good time I created something. Sure it doesn't look like the instructors did, but so what it looks like mine. Yes, a firework or two has the days frustrations taken out in it meh who cares, fireworks are supposed to look fierce.

I got home late but again so what, what would I have been doing anyhow; the gym then watch TV until it was time to go to bed. Ye,s that is how I am used to winding down - but hey the gym is still there and I have a DVR so whatever it was I would have been watching is still there as well.

I did tell D it IS something I will do again - but I think I'd like to take up a painting class at the local college, something more instructional. I think I'd also like to get into photography.

Take sometime and find what inspires you, what you can be passionate about. Then go and DO it..

Last nights Fireworks painting..

 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday