Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Day I Joined the 5 am Club

Out of necessity this week I have joined the 5 am club. I have pretty much booked myself every evening after work with something to do and somewhere to be. So instead of being a week off my 90 day Bikini Body Mommy challenge I started getting up at 5 am to work out. Who the hell am I??? I hate mornings, lets just get that out there right away. I am and have always been a night owl!

I will say this however, having my workout done for the day, first thing is NICE.. usually at the end of the day I am tired and I have 5 billion reasons excuses why I can't go workout.  When the alarm goes off in the mornings, as long as I don't allow myself to think about what ungodly time it is I am golden. Grab workout gear and go bang it out then hit the showers.

I am seriously considering keeping this as my new workout time. Get it done first thing in the morning and then go about my day. Plus if I have worked out first thing I have noticed I am pretty careful on what is going into my mouth. I don't want to have gotten up at the ass crack of dawn for nothing!!

We will see how this week plays out and if I get used to it or if I get overly tired and bitchy..

What time do you prefer to workout??


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I used to love going after work because I felt more focused, but since I started my new job in November I have gone almost every day in the morning, including Saturdays!! I go at 6:30 because I don't have a big commute anymore, but I looooooove going in the mornings!!! Definitely feels great to get it out of the way and feel like you accomplished so much for the day already. The only thing that I'm going to have to change is that I need to start training more for a half marathon, so longer runs will have to be done after work, there's no way I could get up every morning and run 5-6 miles lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way I could run 5 -6 miles in the mornings either ... as it was I tried like hell not to throw weights at my laptop! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...