Saturday, December 22, 2012

It was the end of the world that wasn't ....

So we are still here the earth is still rotating and the doomsdayers are figuring out a way to spin the latest "Oh wait we did the math wrong".  In all reality it was just the end of an era and the start of a new one.  So I am glad I paid my credit card bills and didn't consume three times my body weight in cheesecake "just in case".

What I am working on is finishing up Christmas shopping on this last weekend before the holiday.  I just had a few gifts and stocking stuffers to pick up - which I got most of done today.  I have to go back to the craft store after price checking to pick up the second to last gift, then head back to the mall (yes I went to the mall on the Saturday before Christmas - I am truly insane) to pick up a last minute OMG its perfect gift that will be ready.

Friday my wonderful grandson turned 7 months old - wow this year is going super fast.  I can't believe he is already 7 months old and growing like a weed.  Unfortunately the lil guy is sick with RSV at the moment so we are playing Christmas by ear and waiting to see if he will be well enough to go to the family dinner at my sister-in-laws.  Fingers are crossed that he feels better soon - if for nothing else the poor guy is miserable.  It amazes me that with as sick as he is, he is still smiling and laughing - he is such a laid back lil dude.

On the fitness front I am just maintaining at the moment and will ramp back up come Jan 2.  I am by no means going crazy and eating everything in sight but I am eating a lil of whatever I want. Then come Jan 2 its balls to the walls at the gym - newest goal is toning.  I am not going to hide come this summer in jeans and oversized shirts - its to freaking hot for that shit.  Plus we are planning another family trip to Hawaii come Spring of 2015 and I WILL like the pictures I am in this time around of the vacation!

I also have plans to start working my knee again and it get back in order so that I can participate in the Diva Dash come March - its one of my favorite 5ks.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Happy Holidays

4 comments:

  1. Great job maintaining right now! It's so hard to not fall off the wagon and go crazy this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yes it is and my Mama made my favorite pecan pie.. However Santa brought me a Fitbit One and a new MP3 player so I'll be leaving the excess calories in the dust LOL

      Delete
  2. Yes so hard!! Hope your little grandbaby is able to celebrate Christmas with you. The little ones make it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, he is doing better now. Its his first Christmas and such a joy to watch his little face as he takes it all in.

      Delete

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...