Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Apparently my blogging week starts on Wednesday's

Oops. New trend started I guess. Monday's the last few months have just been bonkers. I have every intention of getting my blog entry done early, while I sit and have some coffee. Then I check email and fire off a quick answer to this one or that one and before I know it, it is time to be working and somehow the Monday Blog never gets up.

Then Tuesday rolls around and I am doing some clean up from the day before. So here we are at Wednesday.  I have been asked why I don't just blog on the weekends  and schedule out posts. Sometimes I do - most times though I try really hard not to go near my laptop on the weekends. I sit in front of a PC for about 12 - 14 hours a day for work so on the weekends I have a real hard time hitting the power on button.  I may however rethink at least scheduling a few days out on Sundays.

Last weekend was my birthday weekend. I had a blast. Friday night we ordered Chinese to be delivered and just hung out. I'd had lunch with my mom earlier in the day and then somehow we both ended up at my house working on the genealogy project I started a few months ago. She has gone to her house for a bit to grab pictures and some paperwork to try to fill in the holes I have in the chart. We have plans to work some more on it when she returns from her vacation.

Once of my dearest friends sent me some brightly colored Gerber daisies and Red Velvet cupcakes.  D came home with my absolute favorite pink roses. Saturday we hit the Crepe restaurant downtown - which I originally thought was in Lee's Summit - Nope its in the old Summit theater building.. Oopsie.. I had the best ham and cheese crepe with scrambled eggs and a soy latte.

Then we hit Walmart and picked up the organizers that I wanted for the bathroom and rugs from Homegoods. Dinner was low key - bacon and egg sandwiches - was supposed to BLT's but umm someone got distracted when chili was mentioned and forgot to grab both the L and the T. I'm claiming a blonde affliction *wink*.

Sunday I did finally get to meet up with a few friends that I had not seen in awhile due to scheduling and illness. We grabbed lunch at a BBQ joint in the Northland then headed to Ulta and Sephora for a little shopping. Yes, I came home with more make up! TooFaced released an all matte version of my favorite pallet and it had to come home with me.  That evening we headed to my sister-in-laws where D installed a new dishwasher for her and she made me my favorite grilled chicken salad for dinner.

I finally have the house put together, the last box was stashed in the closet to be gone through later. The bathroom is now organized and things are within reach and convenient plus its cute! I love the new rugs and the 2 shelf units we bought. Next on the list is new dishes (all our small plates have now been broken) and a few things for the kitchen. I do believe a Kuerig is next on the list for a joint anniversary present. An area rug may also make its way home!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...