Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Wrap up

Then we blinked and it was Monday again LOL... The weekend goes by so fast anymore.

Friday night we did dinner with my in-laws as an early Mothers Day with mom. We hit our favorite Mexican joint and had an nice time just catching up.  My Mother in Law is a little hard to buy for so I was thrilled she liked her Vera Bradley quilted tote and matching wallet.  It helps is was purple - her favorite color!!

Saturday I ran a bunch of errands while D worked. I had a purse to return that I bought online and when it came it was way to small for anything. I also did some shopping. Last week I won a gift card from a fitness challenge from Earnd It. It was a first for me.  I picked up a few clothing items from Kohl's and then picked an item I would always have as a reminder.


I love this ring - photos do not do it justice.  I also dropped by the nail salon and did something I rarely do, I cut off my nails and went for a light polish.. I'm having a heck of a time dealing with my nails being this short! It will be awhile before I get that urge again!  I'm loving the light pink polish though.


Sunday I took my mom out for Mother's Day. She wanted to go to lunch and a movie. We went to see The Other Woman. It was a pretty good movie, perfect girls night out flick. I opted for the Fork and Screen option as Mom hadn't really done that. I was hoping for the deluxe Cinema Suits viewing but the movie she requested wasn't showing in that set. I thought she would have really liked the recliners.

Her reaction to what I had put together for her gift was priceless. Since all the photos everyone has of little man are all digital she had been complaining she did not have any physical photos of her great grand baby. At 72 shes not impressed with showing them off on a device, she wants prints!! So prints she got. 

I printed off a ton of photos from birth to two weeks ago when Papaw and I took him to the Aquarium and put them in a album for her. She was beyond thrilled and proceeded to show them off to anyone around her at the theater..  

After the movie I headed over to the shoe store in search of dressy sandals. I cam home with these babies - totally in love. They are beyond comfortable and have a wedge heel that is not insane but higher than young girl "starter heels" as I call them.



How was your weekend? 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post - your ring, your nails, your sandals and the great Mother's Day gift you put together for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa! I hope you had a good weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday