Monday, June 29, 2015

June Favorites

Is it really the end of June??  Since I have done a couple of posts on products I would not purchase again and a review that wasn't so great I thought I would put up a post about the things that I currently in love with and WILL repurchase.

The first is a hair serum that I received in my June Boxycharm - since my hair is always heat styled and its high lighted I am all about the hair serums and protecting my hair as much as possible. This serum is called hair silk and that is not a lie.  This gets my hair even softer and shiner than Bio-silk.
Right now I am so in love with Oscar Blandi's Daily Silk Serum. Its not to heavy nor dos it leave my hair greasy. I will say though I have super thick coarse hair, it just doesn't feel like that with this! I will be repurchasing, it has over thrown my holy grail Bio-Silk.


Next up are two primers - yes I use two actually three at the moment but as I am still playing around with the third I am not including it as a favorite yet. First up Makeup Forever's Step One Smoothing Primer. This keeps me so matte its insane. My T Zone is usually a shiny mess by noon - except when I use this. Some days I don't even need to touch up its just all depends on the humidity.  I will say though if you are dry skinned you will not like this. It will make you dryer. I've mentioned this primer before when I first got it and was testing it out. It has truly preformed well and hit holy grail status.


This primer is Two Faced Primed and Poreless I use this for a setting power and for touch ups through out the day. It really does make your pores vanish and does not make things cakey. It is completely colorless though it is scary white in the pan.  



I have been mixing a few drops of this Maybelline Dream Finish BB Bronzer in medium/deep sheer tone in with my foundation this Summer. I am so fair that its hard to find a foundation that matches me in the Summer. One to two drops of this makes things perfect. I wouldn't use it alone as it would be way to dark for me. Mixed in I get a healthy glow that looks like I have been tanning without the scary side effects of tanning. 


I have really fallen in love with  bronzers this Summer and I have been using Sephora's Medium Fiji 4 as a light contour and a base for my blush. It looks very dark in the pan, however it is just a nice wash of color with a hint of shimmer on the face. I add just a dab of blush to balance it out. Here lately I have really been all about a soft glow, 

If you like your contour without a shimmer and are looking to keep everything matte, skip the expensive contour pallets. Especially the bigger ones, unless you are a makeup artist you are not going to use all the colors in the pallet and they are retailing for $40 and more. Wet and Wild has perfect ones in their Color Icon line. These are pretty good dupes for a few of the contour duos out there. This one is in Carmel Toffee. These are exclusive to Wal-Mart I have heard. Best part its under $4 instead of $40 or more. They are harder to find at the moment as they sell out quickly. I grab one every time I see them there for back ups.



I have a few more things that are headed toward favorite status to review but I want to use them a bit longer before I add them to the will repurchase list. What are your favorite things this season???


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...