Monday, April 20, 2015

Renew

The dictionary defines renew(al) as :
 to make (something) new, fresh, or strong again
: to make (a promise, vow, etc.) again
: to begin (something) again especially with more force or enthusiasm

A little over two years ago I started down the road of improving my fitness thus improving my overall health. I did well until a back injury last summer sidelined me. Over the course of a year I have taken notice about how fitness and my outlook on things were closely tied.
When I was working out I actually felt less stress and more confidence. Maybe I just handled it better when I had an outlet.  Now that outlet is gone and I find that I am quick to feel overwhelmed and more apt to go with the flow regardless of what I actually think or what it means to/for me.
As my family is dealing with a hugely stressful event right now and this may sound strange as most people would say “when things calm down then I will____,” but I actually think it is a good time to renew my promise to myself to be kinder to me. Which means getting back into fitness, controlling my stress as much as possible and frankly relearning how to say NO to things that I don’t want to do regardless of who is asking.  Honestly we all have the right to say NO.


What promises do you need to renew to yourself? 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. i'm a huge supporter of exercise/activities to maintain your sanity and reduce stress in addition to saying no because i don't want to do accept an invitation to do something/go somewhere. more often times than not, i do say no because well, i would rather be drinking wine and reading or relaxing than getting dressed up to socialize with people i don't really care about LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drinking wine and reading sounds like a hella lot more fun than being somewhere out of a sense of obligation. In reality the people you are with are aware you don't even want to be there.

      Delete

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...