Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome Back to the 5 am Club and a Weekend Wrap Up

Workouts have pretty much been non existent since Spring. I have been dealing with chronic low back pain that even made walking a nightmare.The cause? That blasted memory foam bed! I loved it when we first got it, it was also the dead on winter. This summer when the temps and humidity went through the roof, any support that mattress had went to hell. Apparently this is a common issue for people.  It just didn't pop up on my internet searches when I researched that damn memory foam mattress!

Since body heat is what the mattress interacts with in warmer climates they get way to soft and your pretty much sleeping on melted marshmallow. Add in the fact that when you are sleeping so are any of your natural "ouch that hurt" defenses, stir and you have me in severe pain all summer.

I finally gave in and went to my Chiropractor and bought a new mattress. I'm still having twitches of pain here and there but nothing like the previous 3 months. So I set the alarm this morning for 5 am and gave yoga a shot. Talk about starting over from square -1. Holy unflexable limbs batman. Its gonna take a while LOL. The stretching felt divine however and as long as I didn't just put myself in traction - I am looking forward to yoga again Wednesday morning. Hopefully I can quickly work back into lifting.

I am also looking forward to NOT living at the chiropractor's office almost daily for the last 2 weeks. I have improved to the point I am have been able to stretch my appointments to 3 or 4 days in between. I had been going daily then every other day.

This past weekend was a pretty normal weekend, up Saturday morning and at the Chiropractors office, a quick stop at Starbucks, then to my office for a bit to catch up on paperwork in the peace and quiet that is an empty office. Had the AC been on in the building I may have stayed all afternoon! It however wasn't and it started to get stuffy in there after about an hour so I ditched the office and headed to the nail salon. I had been putting that off for a bit to long so I wanted to get that accomplished over the weekend.

Sunday was the norm clean house do laundry and catch up on TV waiting for the new seasons of my shows to start that is pretty much the ONLY thing I like about Fall! I am loving the new show Madam Secretary. Tonight The Black List is back which is required watching in my house. Since the grandbaby is living with us and that is not toddler approved, I am really thrilled to have the TV and Uverse in my bedroom now, add the new bed and I never want to leave it! To bad I have to go be productive!

Have a great Monday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday