Friday, November 16, 2012

Glam Bag vs Birch Box

Awhile back I cancelled my Birch Box (AKA BB from here out) subscription and signed up for Glam Bag (GB from now on) as I was disappointed from day one with BB and I gave it 5 boxes to impress me.  I just wasn't wow'ed with anything in the BB save the cleanser that came in one of the boxes.

They promise 1 full sized item and 4 or 5 samples in each box. They did deliver on that, but the items that were tossed in each box made me feel like they didn't even glance at the questionnaire I had to fill out to even sign up, this feeling was reinforced when I a short haired gal received a ponytail holder.

My first GB came Wednesday night (picture below) - I am thrilled with it!! Same price ($10 a month) as BB but they have 3 or 4 full sized items with 1 or 2 samples and it comes in a handy bag small enough to go in your purse yet big enough to fit your basics in it.  I tore open my purple metallic mailer last night and dug into a full sized bottle of Nailtini polish in a holiday glittery mix - it does go on better than I expected when you look at the bottle - its clear with specks of glitter in it as opposed to WHAM glitter raped your finger nail. There is a full sized eye liner from Starlet in a rich chocolate color (I'm sporting this today and love it) a full sized brow defining gel, a full sized Bare Minerals lip floss from their brand new Moxie collection and a sample of chocolate eye shadow from Balm and the chocolate brown makeup bag.

I can't wait to see what next months Bag brings..


2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted this! I have been debating on which one to go with BB or GB! Now I will def go with Glam bag!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I have now worn everything in the glam bag except the nail polish and LOVE it all.

      Delete

Wordless Wednesday