Friday, January 16, 2015

Almost 10 years

It hit me this morning that I have been blogging for almost 10 years.. I started May 2005. (There are a few years with a blank space where no entries were recorded. I think I blogged on MySpace then.) Way back then it just started as a place to jot down all that shit that was going on my my life. I had no readers but I did have a teenager, an angry teenager. I needed a place to just vent and blogging was just getting started - generally over on Livejournal. Where blogs were really just a digital diary. Friends and family may have checked it but that was about it.

Now blogs are both a journal and big business depending on the time and content and if you have worked to "brand" it.  Mine is pretty much still a digital dear diary so to speak. I do some reviews and some posts are "sponsored"  but mostly its just what is going on in my life or how I feel about something that has happened in the world.

Lately I find myself wondering if I have anything else to say after 10 years. Hence the longer silences between posting. Maybe I just need to stop trying to be so ridged about posting and go back to what it was in the beginning - a digital record of what was going on in my life and my thoughts of what was going on in the world as I saw it. Instead of trying to blog 5 days a week on a regular schedule and feeling like I am either forcing content or reaching for it. I need to find my flow again.

Most blogs find a nitch they fit in. Honestly mine doesn't because I don't. I tried to find one and that felt forced as well.  Its not really a lifestyle blog, or a fitness blog. My teenager has grown up so I am not a mommy blog. I just am.  Yes I talk about make up and fashion, I also talk about fitness and food. There is tech talk in there for good measure. Sprinkle with stories of my life,  stories of my grandson then bake at 350 for 45 minutes, and what you have is this.... my life, my reality and I don't fit in a box with a label.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 10 years of blogging is quite an accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...