Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Confessions & End of Year Housekeeping

I have started cleaning up my digital world.. My work email inbox has a little over 17K email in it.. We won't get into my junk email account (yahoo) and my personal gmail accounts.  I have been going through my Facebook friends list as well. Anyone there that I didn't know real well or only knew because of a game I played a long time ago or a group I was in I unfriended.  If I don't know you and wouldn't go have drinks with you then you really shouldn't be on my friends list.

On the flip side even if i do know and have had drinks with you before, if you are a negative personality or constantly seek drama I am working on distancing myself from you as well.  I have enough drama that I deal with on a daily basis I don't need more.

I am also starting to go through and remove clutter from my house.  I have started telling my mom no on gifting me things - she will call and ask me if there is something I want that used to belong to my dad. Depending on what it is, yes I want it.

A few years ago the answer to that question was YES no matter what it was. We are now 5 years out from his death and the dust is settling and I will now occasionally say no, and she will say but it was your DADS.  Yes mom but that doesn't automatically mean that I should save everything, you can toss his pocket lint. I promise it will be okay.  Given that yes was always the answer until this year I have quite a few things that maybe I don't need. I will keep the stuff that invokes special memories for me of my dad or a time we spent together and donate the rest.

Christmas is next week and I need to get shopping UGH! I have no clue what to get my mom - okay I never do.

I really just want to sleep for a week.

I am on vacation the week after Christmas - well I am out of the office. To make it a real vacation I'd have to run away from home for a week... hmmmm there IS a nice hotel not far from here......

This hands down is my favorite light display - I want one day and my neighbors will HATE me..



I didn't watch the last 4 weeks of The Voice. I just got so busy, then so far behind..

I'd really really like to have my house to myself again.

I'd really like for someone to remember I am doing them a favor and not be treated poorly, or talked to nasty. I'm tired of snotty tones, I'm tired of being yelled at, I'm tired of no one else needs, thoughts or opinions mattering.

That running away idea sounds better and better..........


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...