Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Labor Day in the Rearview Mirror

Another Labor Day weekend come and gone. Have you the noticed days are just a tad shorter? Kids are back to school, there is more traffic on the commute. Starbucks has released the pumpkin spiced everything already. I bet you blinked - and are now wondering where it all went.

Soon the leaves will turn then fall from the trees as ghosts and goblins excitedly run from door to door yelling trick or treat and squealing at what they receive. Before you know it the family talk of whos bringing what to Thanksgiving will start. Then at Thanksgiving, the dinner conversation will generally head in the direction of "What do you need/want for Christmas?

Slow down take a breath and remember why you do what you do. Don't get so busy creating this life that you forget to have a life.  Before you know it everything is different, the kids are grown, nothing looks how it did and you swear all you did is close your eyes for a second.







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Musings - 6 Weeks into Stay at Home Orders

I seriously can not believe we have been "sheltering in place" for 6 freaking weeks now, and I say this as an "I'd rather...