There are quite a few things I want to explore around here the first being Bellefontaine Cemetery One of St. Louis' oldest and most famous cemeteries. There is a lot of history buried there, which I find intriguing, between William Clark of Lewis and Clark and the Civil War Soldiers to the Anheuser Busch family.
The grounds are also said to be extremely serene and beautiful. Next weekend there is a 3 hour Civil War history walking tour that I have registered for and am looking so forward to.
I also have plans to zipline down Meramec caverns and possibly a haunted float trip. I am not persay big on haunted houses in the Halloween tradition - I'd rather explore paranormal, but a float trip sounds fun. On the paranormal side there is the tour of Jefferson City Penituatury that is said to be very haunted - that has been on my list for a few months now as well as the Arch and some local hiking.
What is on your list for fall? Any local traditions or things you have yet to explore in your town??
No comments:
Post a Comment