I have issues with anxiety - I work hard every day to overcome those issues. It's very easy for me to crawl into my cave and just stay in my bubble. In efforts to NOT become the scary hermit lady with 500 cats. I joined a couple of social groups. The first meetup I RSVP-ed to is coming up this weekend. I am meeting the group to go see Deadpool 2.
Then I RSVP-ed to a tapas and theatre crawl even for the end of the month. Honestly, I both excited and nervous. I am that painfully awkward girl that manages to say the wrong thing and be a huge geek.. Think Daria on the MTV, and if you don't know who Daria is .. well go now - Google and watch then come back... I know none of this fits into the I up and moved to a new city where I know 1 person and started a new adventure. What can I say I'm simple like quantum physics. *Shrug*
Saturday night I got restless and grabbed my phone and a bottle of water and just drove around my neighborhood. It was a warm drive - window open AC off but it was pleasant and for the most part I didn't have to ask Google where the hell I was. That right there is a huge - I am so directionally challenged it is unbelievable. Sunday I pretty much hung around the complex - but did strike up a conversation with a guy in the laundry room instead of keeping my head down and praying not to be noticed.
Pretty big accomplishments honestly.. and so is admitting this stuff, instead of acting like I have it all together.
Here's to doing the things....
No comments:
Post a Comment