Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Last Day of My 30's


Wow that just seems surreal... I'm not sure where they went.  I know I used to think I was never going to finally be 18, then it was 21. Those ages just seemed so far away.  I did notice after 21 however time started to fly.

I hear that everything is better once you hit your 40's your more self aware and comfortable in your skin. No longer worried about what people think of you and you tell it like it is more.  This should be interesting - at least the tell it like it is part. I pretty much do that now. I have been accused of not having much of a filter so if the rest of it comes off........... yeah let that sink in.

I do feel like I am in better shape than I was in my 20's and early 30's. I have started to take better care of myself. I feel like I have a better grasp on life and that I am finally in my career path.  I "tried" out different jobs in my 20's and 30's one I did stay at for a long time and even felt that I wanted to go to law school - glad now that I didn't.

I think I deal a little bit better with stress than I did back then, I do still have huge triggers but I am working on those as well. I am less likely to fly off the handle now, but when I do get mad well its still "seek shelter".

I am looking forward to some of the changes that I am told come with your 40's - not that whole looking old stuff though I am fighting that shit! LOL..  Every single woman in her 40's says that you feel even more confidence, more assured and generally just happier. That I will embrace..

Fair well 30... here's looking at you 40...



(Thank goodness I have appointment to ditch the roots Saturday)


post signature

5 comments:

  1. I kinda like them.:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great last day in your thirties and a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. Welcome to the 40s club! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - B-day is today so your not late! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...