Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Life Currently

So it is no secret I stepped away from blogging for awhile.  I had a few life changes that I didn't discuss here, well anywhere.  I changed jobs, and more so accurately completely changed career fields. I didn't really ever discuss what I did for a living or where I worked. I was working in the IT field as a business manager. In September my almost 7-year career ended in IT.  It was not expected, but frankly, it was time to move on. I had reached burnout status.

I took some time to figure out what and where I wanted to go.  I worked very briefly in retail at the start of the Christmas season. Then I took a position at a salon working in Customer Service Management.  I have also started the steps to take my Makeup Artistry course for my certificate from MUD.  Through the salon, I am working on my retail certification from Dermatological. I have an all day seminar and workshop coming up at the beginning of April.  I am waiting to hear back from the school on the newly restructured MUD program so that I can enroll and start.  Classes are all day Sunday and Monday.  The salon is closed both days so this works out perfectly.

In with all of these changes my daughter also moved out of state. I am used to seeing my grandbabies every few days. I was there when both of them were born and are very attached to both. This has been a hard transition for me.  I was cleaning today and came across a few hidden rocks that were not in my basket and had a moment.. My grandson is who would bring me rocks from all his adventures.  I have saved them all. He started this when he was about two. I treasure them all and miss him flying through my door yelling NONI check out what I have for you! His fifth birthday is in a few months, it will be the first one I have not been there for.  My granddaughter turns one in August, I am hoping to be able to get there for that.

With all this going on, I lost my passion for blogging, and since I changed the focus of the blog to a beauty blog I didn't feel that most of this fit that aesthetic.  However, the fact is this blog was always my outlet and I lost sight of that.  It's mine and I can mix it all up and not attempt to just fit in one basket.  I always said nitch blogging wasn't my thing, why I tried is beyond me. So I am going back to my roots, it will be simply my blog with everything thrown in. Whatever I am feeling or into at the moment may show up.  Be it a makeup review, favorites of the season, my journey to becoming a makeup artist or Wednesday confessional with an occasional bitch session thrown in.  

I hope to see y'all back and interacting - I've missed you.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Confess Sess

I can't wear heels anymore so I have turned into a sneakerhead.  My first pair of Adidas are due in today and I am beyond excited. I use...