Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Finds: Lower Lash Mascara

*This is NOT a sponsored AD post. I purchased this myself and NYX has no idea I am reviewing this.


Frankly the thought of a special "lower lash mascara" is something I'd never fathomed until I started watching YouTube beauty videos.  Even then I was skeptical - mascara is mascara. You get some on you and you clean it up and go on, right?  Besides the only one I had heard about was MAC's extended Play Gigablack lash at $18 per tube, which you should toss out in 3 months. Umm NOPE.

Then I stumbled on NYX Super Skinny Mascara, on a whim I picked it up - if it was a fail it would only be a $6 fail. I already used another NYX mascara and loved it so I was betting it couldn't be that bad. Truth be told I know now why beauty guru's rave about a lower lash mascara. This wand is super tiny and get every lash on the lower lash line, which lets be honest can be a Houdini act.

One thin coat will grab each lower lash and give it some attention - two coats makes it look like you are sporting lower lashes.  I will say I have tried this on my top lashes and found it just was to much work with such a small wand - I ended up going back in with my usual mascara to separate and extend my top lashes. However at $6 I am fine with it being just a lower lash mascara.

 
I sized the pic up so that the details of the brush were easier to see. Picture is from NYX.com. You can also find this at Ulta or CVS..

Just for comparison here is a picture of the MAC Extended Play Gigablack - note the wand is larger - and this retails for $18. This picture is from MAC.com.  While the wand is smaller, its considerably larger than the NYX one and the price point is roughly double depending on your area and place of purchase.


As much as I adore MAC for liners and shadow's sorry not sorry I can't see paying double for something that has such a short life.  Mascara needs tossed at about the 3 month mark for health reasons. I won't even get started on the methods to "extend" the life of your mascara - not worth it your eyes throw it OUT at approximate Three months.









post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Currently

So it is no secret I stepped away from blogging for awhile.  I had a few life changes that I didn't discuss here, well anywhere.  I chan...