Thursday, June 30, 2016

June's Hits and Misses (Makeup & Products)

Poof there goes June. This June was a particularity hot one in KC and I started experimenting with product earlier than usual trying to find THE secret to get my makeup to stay put on my face.

I discovered this gem at the end of last summer and I am still loving it.  First Aids Skin Rescue Mattifying gel - its takes just a little bit and helps keep your foundation in place.



Two foundations I have been going back and forth on are the Cover Girl BB cream for oily skin - which stays matte but is light like a BB cream. The coverage on this is like a medium coverage foundation and it dries to a powder finish.




And the Maybelline Better Skin foundation. Which is a full foundation with awesome coverage and the benefit of salicylic acid for acne prevention.  It also seems to have a better staying power and so far is my favorite of the two.




L'Oreal Pro-Glow 24 hour foundation.. 



One foundation I tried - and I wanted to love, really, really wanted to love - as I am trying to get away from looking so matte and trying to embrace the glow that is on trend right now, - plus side note matte dries you out and makes the skin look older - however I just can't with this after a few hours I look like the bad side of a 70's disco ball in need of retirement.. I'll be passing this one on to one of my drier skinned friends who needs the extra moisture.  This is hard to find right now so I am sure a pass long won't be minded. 

Since I am using less powder these days in an attempt to not look cakey or dried out I need to start with a foundation that isn't a luminous finish. Don't get me wrong this foundation is gorgeous for like the first 3 hours I have it on, after that my skin takes over and it just doesn't stand a chance.

When it comes to setting sprays I had pretty much just given into the fact that the only one that worked for me is UD all nighter at $30 a bottle.  I have tried all the others who horrible results. Then Maybelline came out with Masterfix and I thought ok I will try just one more. I'm glad I did - this straight up gives me the exact results of UD All-Nighter BUT - HUGE BUT its like $12 for the big bottle as opposed to $30.



I bought a few new eyeliners but I am still test driving those so I didn't wear them much yet and don't want to call them a hit or a miss until I play around with them some more.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday