Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Started Reading Again..

One thing that I had found that I just could not do was quiet my mind and focus on reading - until this past 6 weeks or so. Since then I have read 4 books and started on another. When I found I could actually just low down and read I logged back into my NetGalley account and requested to become an active reviewer once more.

One the first books on my shelf is The Ex's Revenge by Jo Jakeman. What started off as me reading for about an hour before I went to bed ended up becoming a read until 3 am session.  This book was an amazing read that had me saying just gonna finish this chapter, to I cant go to sleep yet - not after that

The Ex's Revenge is a wonderful read with suspense, very few predictable moments and a lot of wait did that just happen?? I enjoyed the journey Jo took me on while I followed Imogen, Naomi and Ruth through the past individual hopes and dreams and acceptance of what was instead of what should have been.

The Ex's Revenge is a tale of domestic abuse with several plot twists and a dramatic ending well deserved for all parties involved.  It is not exactly poolside reading but it is turn off the phone Friday night well into early Saturday morning read.

post signature

**I did receive this is the novel from NetGalley for my review - however, the opinions are all mine** 


Professional Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Musings - 6 Weeks into Stay at Home Orders

I seriously can not believe we have been "sheltering in place" for 6 freaking weeks now, and I say this as an "I'd rather...