Monday, May 28, 2018

Finding A New Normal


What is normal really? I have always said its simply a setting on a dryer. Truth is normal for one is abnormal for another which is where my off the cuff response comes with. When you get down to it though everyone has there normal "mode" of how they exist. What do you do, however, when nothing currently resembles your particular mode of normal?

That is exactly where I am now. My life looks nothing like it EVER has and I am trying to find a healthy normal. I am in a new to me city, working a new job and have none of my "comfort zone" to fall back on.  For the first time in my life I am living by myself and learning to lean into that. 

For the first few weeks, I have isolated myself for the most part only venturing out when necessary.  Now I am finding that I am ready to get out of my comfortable shell and explore. The question is how?  I spent almost 17 years in the same place, with the same people doing the same things. I feel completely lost on how to make my own circle here. I think the older you get the harder it is to meet new people do new things. I also have always been a little bit introverted until I get to know someone. 

The alternative is to be a hermit, and while I have rather enjoyed just holing up reading books and watching YouTube it is not sustainable. For the most part, people are social creatures and need some interaction outside of a workplace. It is crucial to one's well-being and happiness. I don't have small children, so there are no mommy groups, I have no desire to hang out at the bar or go clubbing.

I have looked into several meetups in the area for things I am interested in looks like its time to take a deep breath and do more than just look at them huh??




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Musings - 6 Weeks into Stay at Home Orders

I seriously can not believe we have been "sheltering in place" for 6 freaking weeks now, and I say this as an "I'd rather...