Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I Never Meant to Fall off the Internets

So it's been a hot minute, sorry about that. I never meant to just disappear.  Honestly, a few things happened. It has been a difficult year. I've changed jobs a few times, and currently am looking again. My daughter and grandbabies moved out of state; to be blunt I hit a funk. I also hit a wall and didn't know what to even blog about anymore.

These days I am dealing with insomnia really bad despite taking my medications, which will explain the 2:30am blog post.  I feel like this past year has been one huge lesson in what I DON'T want to do. So I have been a tad lost in direction.

I truly loved working at the salon, but after a few stylists walked out it just wasn't a feasible option. So I accepted a position as a service advisor for an automotive repair shop thinking "hey its an adventure, a new life experience!" Turns out it is not exactly an industry I am cut out for. So I am looking again.  I think I need to go back to what I know, either the Medical field or Corporate America. Unfortunately so are all the recent college graduates!!

As far as the blogging block goes, I just need to get back to putting down whatever comes to mind and not worry "does this fit, or has this already been done"?  I enjoyed blogging the most when I just wrote and didn't attempt to fit a theme or aesthetic. In the beginning, it was just me and my thoughts about whatever. So that is what I strive to achieve again.  I find that I miss my ramblings and Wednesday confessions and some of the plain silliness.

Some posts may be long, some short - some will probably have no rhyme or reason but at least it won't all be stuck in the abyss of my mind any longer.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something I Have Been Working On...

So I quit smoking!!  I did start vaping so the urge to smoke isn't there.  My nicotine level is so much lower than when I was smok...