Saturday, May 13, 2006

Musings, reflections & a bit of rambling.

Its mother's day weekend. Which brings to mind lots of memories. In 1993 On May 11 I married my ex-husband, (we have been divorced now for 6 or 7 years, I would have to pull out the papers to be exact .) This weekend would have been 13 years of martial hell. You've come along way baby. I look back at how my life was then, to what it is today and they are worlds apart. I can't remember many happy holidays, but vividly can recall almost every fight.

Fast forward to May 13, 2006 I am happily remarried to a wonderful man, its been a little over 2 years since our magical wedding day. Thoughts of that day still bring me to tears with wonderful memories. I have a nice apartment, a nice car, a good job.

None of which I had then. Back then I was living in government housing, driving a less than safe car as my good car had been repoed. The changes a decade plus can bring are astounding. Even just 5 years ago my life was chaos. I have grown a lot, achieved some peace with past decisions.

I am looking forward to this weekend. Which is something I couldn't always say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordless Wednesday