Sunday, October 01, 2017

See Ya September!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of September, so while I am generally sad to see Summer fade away I wave goodbye enthusiastically to September every single year. Most of the major traumatic events of my life happened in September. So good riddance!!  I know I am far from alone - September also begins shorter days, less sunlight and brings with it, for those affected, Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Hell, even Greenday dislikes September! Speaking of Greenday someone go wake up Billie Joe Armstrong. The horrid month is over.  By the way, the history behind that song speaks volumes to me I'm not totally poking fun at Billie. I completely understand why he wrote the song and how he felt. Generally, when I say I hate September wake me up when it's over, people think I am trying to be funny.  In reality, I am serious - and am in no way being cheeky about it.

I am looking forward to fresh starts for October - I am starting a new job, one I am very excited about. I was actually relieved that I start October 2nd.  I look forward to getting back to blogging, to the gym. Over the Summer we bought an Instapot - I really need to learn to use it. That desire has lead me back to Pinterest for recipes, I have an entire board to try out including yogart and cheesecakes. Let's hope I hit the gym more than the cheesecake!  I have actually lost weight while quitting smoking, I have NO desire to find it again.

Next weekend I am hoping to get to the Ren Fest. We didn't go last year but I'd like to get there this year. Everything I have gone it has been for an event or to take my Grandbaby. This year will be the first year we just go to go. One of these weekends we also need to go couch shopping, ours has had it and is increasingly more uncomfortable to sit on, so much so I default to sitting on my bed and watching TV or Youtube in my bedroom.  I am hoping to have the new couch before winter. Getting the old one out and the new one in sucks when it is 20 degrees out and snowing!

What is on your agenda for Fall??





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday Musings - 6 Weeks into Stay at Home Orders

I seriously can not believe we have been "sheltering in place" for 6 freaking weeks now, and I say this as an "I'd rather...